Client Name: Alloy Therapeutics
Location: Lexington, MA 02421 (20 miles from Boston) (open to relocation – not remote)
Role Title: Associate Scientist Tissue Culture & In Vivo
Salary: $85k-$95k + Equity + great benefits package (employer covers 90% of medical premiums, unlimited PTO, 401k w/ 4% match, much more
Alloy Therapeutics builds foundational drug discovery platforms that empower scientists around the globe to create life-changing medicines. By gaining access to the right tools and platforms they can focus on the science that discovers and develops the next life-changing drug.
Industry: Biotechnology OR Pharmaceuticals
Competitors: Coming soon
Titles: Associate Scientist, Cell Culture Associate, Scientist I or II, Cellular Scientist/Molecular Scientist, Cell Biologist (look for titles that include In Vivo)
- BS or BA in a relevant scientific discipline (cellular or molecular biology or immunology)
- 2-3 years of hybridoma generation or mammalian culture experience required (look for in vivo, hybridoma, or mammalian)
- Fantastic compensation and benefits package, that includes ownership (equity) in the company!
- Join a new, drug discovery platform company on a mission to empower scientists to create life-saving drugs.
- Great career developing opportunity as a key contributor on a small team
- Genuine opportunities for advancement within the company
- An organization that focuses on leadership and professional development
Search 1 – Associate Scientist, Massachusetts AND (mammalian OR hybridoma), degree
Search 2 – Associate Scientist, Most NE States, mammalian AND hybridoma, degree
Search 3 – Search 2, but Associate Scientist OR scientist
Keywords to use: hybridoma generation, mammalian culture, in vivo
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Does the candidate meet the Must-Haves criteria?
- Would the candidate be taking a demotion?
- Are there any pink/red flags?
- Job Hopping
- Gaps in Employment
- Currently a consultant
- Declining stage of career arc
- If so, seek to discover.
- Where are they on the career arc?
- Why do you like them as a candidate?
- Hi Name – we are looking for a Scientist to join a unique start-up in the Boston Area. Your experience in/with blank is ideal for what we are looking for. By chance, are you open to learning about new opportunities?
- Name, my team and I are conducting a preliminary search for a Scientist opportunity with an exciting startup. This is a rare opportunity to Would you be open to learning more about this?
- I have a client in Lexington, MA looking to bring on a talented Scientist. This would be a great chance to join a new company making a huge impact in drug delivery platforms. What are the chances you would be open to hearing more about this opportunity?
- I’m working with an exciting new startup in Lexington, MA. They are looking to bring on a talented Associate Scientist. What are the chances you would be open to hearing about this unique opportunity? *Competitive salary + equity + stellar medical benefits + unlimited PTO*
Personalized Introduction (Why are you reaching out to this person? What about their profile stood out to you? – by answering this question in the first part of an InMail you build credibility and buy-in from the candidate)
This is an opportunity to join a small, but fast-growing company that is embarking on a powerful mission. The company is empowering scientists with foundational drug discovery platforms, so that the scientists can focus on making the best, life-saving drugs without limitations. When you join them as a Scientist, you not only would be one of a few with a higher purpose, you’d have a stake in their success. You would have equity in the company. In addition, they will focus on your professional development with genuine opportunities for advancement and growth. They will take care of you, so you can focus on science – your passion.