Client Name: Axsome Therapeutics
Location: New York City 10038 (no relocation to start)
Role Title: Clinical Quality Manager
Salary: $100 – $150k, 15% bonus, and equity
A clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapies for the management of central nervous system (CNS) disorders.
Industry: Biotechnology – Pharmaceuticals – Medical Devices
Competitors: Sage OR Biohaven OR Otsuka OR Acadia OR Acorda OR Sunovion OR Biogen OR Pfizer OR Abbvie OR Allergan
Titles: Clinical Quality Manager, Clinical Quality Auditor, Clinical Quality Assurance, Clinical Quality Lead, Clinical Quality Analyst, Clinical Quality Specialist, Clinical Quality Associate, Clinical Quality Assurance Auditor, Clinical Trial Manager, Clinical Research Associate
- BA/BS in a scientific discipline
- 3-10 years of clinical quality experience (10+ years may be too much)
- Work for a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company (sponsor-side of clinical research)
- Clinical trial auditing experience
- Currently a manager willing to make a lateral move
- Rare opportunity to work for a publicly-traded company with only 50 employees valued at $3 Billion
- Entrepreneurial minded leadership and culture
- Be on the cutting edge of a rapidly growing CNS Biopharmaceutical company – incredible drug pipeline
- Career growth opportunities as the Quality team is currently small and will grow substantially along with the company
Look for profiles similar to Aysenur Sayakci – she dropped out of the recruiting process, but Axsome liked her a lot
Search 1 – (New York OR New Jersey) and (Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical or Medical Devices) and “clinical quality”, degree, not director
Search 2 – (New York OR New Jersey OR Massachusetts OR Pennsylvania) and (Biotechnology OR Pharmaceutical OR Medical Devices) and (CQA OR “certified quality auditor”)
Keywords to use: quality assurance, audit, auditor, certified quality auditor (CQA), clinical quality, clinical quality assurance, quality oversight, good clinical practice (GCP),
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Does the candidate meet the Must-Haves criteria?
- Would the candidate be taking a demotion?
- Are there any pink/red flags?
- Job Hopping
- Gaps in Employment
- Currently a consultant
- Declining stage of career arc
- If so, seek to discover.
- Where are they on the career arc?
- Why do you like them as a candidate?
- Name, my team and I are conducting a preliminary search for a Clinical Quality leadership opportunity. This is a rare opportunity to join the small Quality team of a growing Biotech (50 people). As they grow, as will their Quality department. Would you be open to learning more about this?
- Hey Name! We are looking for a Clinical Quality leader to join a small Quality team with a growing, public Biotech in NYC. Based on your background in blank, I believe you’d be a good fit for the position. Would you be open to learning more about this opportunity?
Our client is a growing Biotechnology company out of Manhattan. They develop novel drugs that treat a variety of central nervous systems diseases. Their recent drug pipeline success over the last year has caused them to expand, fast. That includes bringing on a Clinical Quality leader to join their small, but growing team. They have a bright future and aggressive plans to expand their teams. This is the perfect time to join them and would represent a great potential career move.