Location: Chandler, AZ 85226 (will relocate from anywhere, start in the West)
Role Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Salary: $90-$120k, $600 health stipend (will go up to $130k for the right candidate)
Based out of Chandler, AZ, Medivant is the newest, sterile Single Dose liquid injectable facility in the US, consistently manufacturing medications on the FDA’s drug shortage list.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals – Manufacturing
Competitors: No big pharma companies Hospira OR Hikma OR Fresenius OR Sagent Pharma OR Sandoz OR McGuff Pharmaceuticals OR Stason Pharmaceuticals OR Nexgen Pharma OR Amphastar Pharmaceuticals OR Ampio Pharmaceuticals OR Grand River Aseptic Manufacturing
Titles: Quality Assurance Manager, QA Manager
- 8+ years of quality assurance experience
- Bachelor’s in a scientific discipline
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) experience
- Generic pharmaceutical experience (not nutraceuticals or medical devices)
- Worked at a pharmaceutical facility within a manufacturing capacity (pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Injectables experience
- Sterile and/or aseptic manufacturing experience
- Lead the sterile manufacturing division for a growing pharma manufacturer
- Join an entrepreneurial leadership team with a start-up culture, “in it together”
- One of the very few companies with a mission to move pharma manufacturing back to the United States.
Ideal Candidate: Michael Wanamaker – 8+ years of QA experience, works for Par which is a generic injectables manufacturer, supervisor for 4+ years
Search 1 – quality assurance manager, quality assurance, generic pharmaceutical, degree
Search 2 – aseptic, pharmaceutical, Western States, quality assurance manager, degree
Keywords to use: pharmaceutical manufacturing, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), cGMP, GMP lab testing, FDA inspection, generic pharmaceuticals, aseptic manufacturing, sterile filling, injectable
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Does the candidate meet the Must-Haves criteria?
- Would the candidate be taking a demotion?
- Are there any pink/red flags?
- Job Hopping
- Gaps in Employment
- Currently a consultant
- Declining stage of career arc
- If so, seek to discover.
- Where are they on the career arc?
- Why do you like them as a candidate?
- Name, my team and I are conducting a prelim search for a quality assurance leadership position. This is a rare chance to join a pharma mfg start-up with a meaningful mission to bring pharma mfg back to the US and to use automation to fulfill the FDA drug shortlist. Let’s connect!
- Hey Name! We are looking for a QA leader to join a pharma mfg start-up in AZ using automation to help with the FDA drug shortlist. Based on your background in/with blank, I believe you’d be a good fit for the position. Would you be open to learning more about this opportunity?
Our client is a start-up pharma mfg out of the Greater Phoenix, AZ area that is simultaneously taking on the FDA drug shortlist and bringing drug production independence back to the United States. Through automation and a brand new sterile facility, our client is able to operate at high production levels of liquid injectable generics. The team is on a mission, works hard, and has created a “we are all in this together” culture. The future is bright, and they need a hard-working, QA leader to join them.